Friday 11 January 2013

BT Young Scientist....


I've been so excited for this day for weeks! The Young Scientist is a competition which is held in the RDS, Dublin annually. It's a great way for students who have an interest in science to get involved with others who share the same interests. It's a great learning experience too.
The science teachers brought Second Year students and Transition Year students to the exhibition yesterday.  I enjoyed it thoroughly. I was really gutted that I didn't get in this year, but there's always next year! The projects were well researched and really interesting.
There was lots of stalls, such as a Bank of Ireland stall which gave out free stuff. Who doesn't love free stuff?! I came home delighted with a bag full of science magazines, pencils and much more. The queues for food were huge and the food was quite expensive, so I'd advise anyone who goes to bring a packed lunch with them.
Shows were held in the arena every half hour or so and I got the opportunity to watch the Robot Show. Although I have to admit, the robot was quite scary. Below there's some pictures that I took of my day out and a short clip of the Robot Show. I had a great time :)












No comments:

Post a Comment