Thursday 20 September 2012

Memories that will last a lifetime.. Carlingford 2012

The thoughts of going to Carlingford had waking up at 6.am in the morning so easy! All of Transition Year met at Spar at 7am. Spirits were high as we were all really excited for this highly anticipated trip. The buses came and within no time we arrived in the enchanting town of Carlingford, Louth. 
          We were split up into our groups and met our instructors. They were ever so friendly and up for a bit of craic. Our first activity was Laser in the forest. My group and I got changed into army suits and we each got a laser gun each. I was on the blue team and my code name was "Romeo 001". I had a fantastic time. After lunch we then went Kayaking. Zoe and I shared a kayak. It was a lot of hard work trying to get the kayak to move, but it was certainly worth it. When we got back to the centre, dinner was served. Our last activity of the day was "Night line". All of us TY students were blindfolded in the forest in the dark. Sounds scary right..? We had to follow the ropes around the forest, whilst the instructors attempted to scare the living daylights out of us by pouring water on us and screaming. It was hilarious to say the least!
 Time for Chinese food! The staff at Chinese restaurant must've been fairly surprised when a bunch of TY students suddenly appeared in their take away to order food! We ate our food in the common room in the centre..and it was time for bed.
     There was twelve girls in the room where I stayed. We stayed up chatting for a good while, and bonded quite a lot. We were up early the next morning for lots of more exciting activities.
We were woken up at 8am. We had breakfast then we were off for our activites. We did High Ropes and Zorbing that morning. I was feeling fearless so I attempted to face my major fear of heights. It didn't go down to well when I started crying when I was about two metres up in the air. Our instructor Paddy came to my rescue and I was soon laughing over the whole incident. Some girls were up metres in the air, I couldn't believe how daring and fearless they were. After, we did Zorbing. I can honestly say, I have never laughed so much in my life. I discovered that rolling down a hill in a giant ball can bring great happiness to someone! 
Later on that afternoon we did team challange's. We then headed home on the bus and we were back in Celbridge for 7pm on Tuesday evening. I had one of the best times of my life in Carlingford, and I'm glad that I got to share it with such great girls!

Below is the site to the adventure centre, I would definitely recommend it. http://www.carlingfordadventure.com/

 



Here's a few pictures from the fantastic trip...

No comments:

Post a Comment