Friday 5 October 2012

Anti Bullying Week

We're certainly ending Anti-Bullying Week on a high as we have our fun walk today! The hallways in school are so colourful with pinks, purples,greens,yellows,blues and blacks. My class and I are doing lego. I spent all of yesterday evening designing my yellow lego box.. so worth it.
We're dancing to "Hey Ya" by Outkast. It's a really feel good, upbeat tune which everyone will love. I'm really excited for this afternoon. My class, Síocháin were chosen to stand at different points on the fun walk route to help guide the students. I have never done this before so I'm looking forward to it.
Yet again I had another eventful week in Transition Year. My second Wednesday of work experience was great. I'm getting an idea of what college is like as I'm doing Work Experience in NUI Maynooth Chemistry labs. It's really fun :)
On Thursday we had our school mass to open the school year. It was the first service that the whole school has been together for this year. I had a lot of fun singing as I was in the choir. All the hard work paid off. Fr.Kevin said a great mass and everyone had a lovely time. 
I'm so excited to see everyone's dance this afternoon. 


Since it's anti-bullying week, I might as well leave you all with a nice quote I found...
"To be kind is more important than to be right. Many times what people need is not a brilliant mind that speaks, but a special mind that listens."

No comments:

Post a Comment